Reading time:5 min
Mindfulness is a technique that can be used to help reduce stress, anxiety and negative thinking. There are many different mindfulness exercises that you can try, and some only take a few minutes to do.
1. Body Scan: This mindfulness exercise involves paying attention to each part of your body, from your toes to your head. As you scan your body, notice any areas of tension or relaxation.
2. Breathing: This is a very simple mindfulness exercise that you can do anywhere. Simply focus on your breath and count each inhale and exhale.
3. Sensory Awareness: This mindfulness exercise involves paying attention to what you can see, hear, smell, taste and feel. Notice the textures, colors and smells around you.
4. Walking: This is a great mindfulness exercise to do outdoors. Pay attention to your surroundings and the sensation of your feet hitting the ground.
5. Gratitude: This mindfulness exercise involves thinking of things that you are grateful for. It can be anything from your family and friends to your health or a roof over your head.
6. Kindness: This mindfulness exercise involves performing acts of kindness, either for yourself or others. This could be anything from making a cup of tea for someone to volunteering at a local charity.
7. Loving-Kindness: This mindfulness exercise involves sending well-wishes to yourself and others. You can do this by repeating positive phrases such as “may you be happy” or “may you be safe.”
It is a simple and quick exercise to do. Just inhale 5s and exhale 5s for 5 minutes. In addition to relaxing you, it can significantly reduce stress and anxiety. Want to try? Download our free app:
Download for iOS Download for Android
What do you think ?